Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Can I Fix My Computer?

Netbooks Discussion

Postby Honon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:14 am

okay so my laptop hasn't been working lately whenever i turn it on it just goes to a black screen with a little white curser in the upper left corner. i don't know how to fix this can someone give me some good ways that i can make it work! please only effective ideas and dont just say to get a new laptop because i know that if worse comes to worse ill do that.

other information about my laptop:

-it has windows vista

-its a netbook

-the brand is Eee PC.

**thankss in advance
Honon

Postby Barkley » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Sounds like a video problem not a virus,

unplug the computer, take the battery out, and then hit the power button a few times. Now plug it back in without the battery and test to see if you can get to the login screen. You can most likely put the battery in at this point also, but you might as well keep it out for now. If you get into the computer,

and you want to restore video drivers>>> go to the device manager, and uninstall all video drivers. Reboot and let Windows install a generic video driver. One it boots back up, install the latest driver related to your video card and Motherboard.
Barkley

Postby Gabrielo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:54 am

Who is the white guy in the corner and what curse words is he saying?

Ok seriously, read this. http://www.jabzweb.com/tips-and-tricks/2...

Or watch this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tMnkhWXO...

You will lose all pictures and other documents that you had on the computer though.

The only thing I can think of that might save your info is to enter the bios by holding F9 during boot up and change the boot order to the hard disk.
It seems as though it is trying to boot from disc or something or for whatever reason is not detecting Vista.
If you have a Vista disc you can also try to boot from it by inserting the disc in the drive and changing boot order in bios to boot from CD.
From there you can do a repair install which would save your information.
Gabrielo

Return to Netbooks