Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

How Can I Delete This Account Using Cmd?

Windows 7 Discussion

Postby Mannleah » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 pm

I'm using windows 7 for anyone asking but I have tried different commands to try and delete this account but it always give me the error "the syntax for this command is..."

I'm trying to delete the account "Work and School" and I usually go about the command like this:

net user Work and School /del

net user Work and School /DELETE

net user Work and School [DELETE |*

I have read online on how to properly use this command and it has worked several times when I try to add or delete other accounts. I suspect it has something to do with the spaces in the name confusing the cmd because I added and deleted an account called "Test" just to see if I was using the command properly. It was, so I'm a bit confused on how to properly delete this account.

I know I can just take the easier route and delete it from the control panel, but I'm trying to dive into the CMD word and eventually linux, but mainly just to expand my knowledge of computers

If any CMD power users could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!!
Mannleah

Postby Cully » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:20 pm

put quotes around it like this:

net user "Work and School" /del

I have not personally tried this but in my experiences with passing arguments into programs from the cmd quotes were always used when string values had spaces in them.
Cully

Return to Windows 7