Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Help Me With Servers?

Email Software Discussion

Help Me With Servers?

Postby Ettore » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:06 am

I want to set up a server so i can host my own website with it's own name. My question is that i don't fully understand the process and i don't want to just dive into it without fully understanding it. I have searched loads of tutorials and they all just say the same but i want it to have it's own name like www.something.com, i will buy the domain name i want but what do i do from there; how do i set up the server so that domain name will show up my website which i'll out into the htdocs folder. When i but the domain name do i have to do something else with it or is it just mine from that point on if so can i just place it in the server when setting it up. Can anyone recommend a server OS and tell me an overview of how to get it to the point where i can just type the domain name on any computer and it to come up with my website. It is greatly appreciated if someone can take the time to help me.

Thanks, in advance!!!
Ettore

Help Me With Servers?

Postby Cystenian » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:07 am

i think of it particularly is incorrect for woman altar servers, yet no longer only alter servers.Any woman up on the altar or women human beings being Eucharistic minsters. i do no longer bypass alongside with adult males being Eucharistic minsters the two. the regulations have been taken way out of context. additionally it initially did no longer come out of Rome. It got here from the yank Bishop Councils, no longer the pope. only like countless different issues they have replaced. did you already know that Eucharistic Minsters are only for use while there is over 200 human beings interior the church and there is just one priest. something below 200 the priest is meant to do it himself. Now i bypass to on an standard basis mass and while they have Holy Communion they have a minimum of two Eucharistic Minsters there and there is only approximately 25 human beings. considering while can no longer a clergyman take care of 25 human beings, who're receiving Our Lord. I even have even seen them, the priest take a seat on a similar time as the Eucharistic Minster provides out communion. that's so incorrect and a parishioner has the terrific to get carry of from a clergyman if the priest is on the altar. BTW it particularly is interior the bible approximately women human beings on the altar. St Paul to the Corinthians's and the old testomony additionally. Very specific regulations. you do no longer take bits and products out of the bible so as that they adventure you. in case you have faith in it you have faith in it completely. i do no longer understand why Jesus needed only adult males on the altar. He would desire to have had His motives yet that's what He needed, no longer guy. Altar boys are for the purpose of grooming those youthful adult males so as that they see what this is choose to be a clergyman. No woman would nicely be a clergyman so why would desire to they be on the altar. so a procedures as them going into the sisterhood. seem at our convents are there any women human beings in them No. The vocations have dwindled. only the classic convents have vocations. There would desire to be a reason for this. do no longer you think of. yet i'm getting of the venture. Our faith has been so watered down that it particularly is undesirable. we would desire to get decrease back to the old traditions and rites we had in the previous all of the diversities. we've lost too a lot admire for the Blessed Sacrament, who's the perfect stay of our faith. i'm no longer critizing any individual who feels otherwise, that's only how i've got faith approximately it. God Bless you.
Cystenian

Help Me With Servers?

Postby Lindley » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:35 am

You'll need a static IP address to host your webserver.... You'll need to call your local ISP to see if they even supply Residential Internet static IP's.. I can only comment about US ISPs and some ISP's in the US prohibit static IP's for residential Internet. You may have to upgrade your connection to a business connection to get the Static IP.. None the less:

1. You need a static IP address.

2. You need to determine who will be providing you DNS for your server OR you can setup your own BIND 9 Server (takes advanced server knowledge and not recommended for beginners or even moderate users).

3. You need to secure your domain name from a registrar.

4. You need to configure your router to port forward specific ports to your server like 80 8080 443.

5. You need to configure an IPTables on your server to block a long list of ports so no one can port scan your system, find a vulnerability, and brute force in to hack your server for its content.

6. You then need to point your DNS Root and A records to your server's static IP address.

7. Depending on what kind of server you're going to be running (Windows (IIS) Linux (Apache/Tomcat) you need to make a website and have it available for viewing.

Those are some basic necessities to make it successful.. You probably need to pick up some dummy books from your local book store to get a better outlook on it. If you implement your webserver wrong, your server can be easily turned into a BOT by hackers without you even knowing it. If you intend on hosting email from your server. You must ensure your MX and txt records in your DNS are clearly and cleanly understood and properly implemented to prevent people proxy e-mail spamming other people sourcing your mailserver.
Lindley

Return to Email Software