Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Help Me Out Guys!! Plz :( Computer Issues..?

Avast Discussion

Postby Phelps » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:41 pm

I'm unable to do anything with my computer! :( A while back I installed Avast...now on anything I try doing with computer I keep getting an Error box "The program can't start because C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\snxhk.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." and I can't even reinstall, I can't even find it in my laptop...plz help me out I need to fix this asap for skool :(
Phelps

Postby Donegan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:14 pm

My Recommendation: Restart in Safe mode, uninstall the program, then reboot - you should be good to go after that.

Here's how to do it:

START IN SAFE MODE:

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button Picture of Start button, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button Picture of Shut Down button, and then click Restart.

2. Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight "safe mode" then press Enter.

RUN THE UNINSTALLER:

Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.

Select the program, and then click Uninstall. Some programs include the option to change or repair the program in addition to uninstalling it, but many simply offer the option to uninstall. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Donegan

Postby Wolcott » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:15 pm

1. Uninstall it.

"Start" --> "Control Panel" --> "Uninstall a Program" --> select Avast --> Click "Uninstall" on the bar at the top

2. Download it and re-install it. (link below)
Wolcott

Postby Colla » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Uninstall it first
Colla

Postby Evann » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:49 am

as said uninstall it

if you cant find it in the list, or it will not uninstall use 'system restore' to go back to a date before you installed it, but remember to update your anti virus program and windows update after..

good luck..
Evann

Return to Avast