Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Help! I Need To Clean My Computer.?!?!?

Windows 7 Discussion

Postby MacEwen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:00 pm

im starting online school and i need my computer to not have viruses.. my dad wont send someone to clean it. theirs like a whole punch of programs that i dnt even know if im aloud to delete or not.. and plus my windows 7 says its not genuine... andidk how to fix that... i have like 4 windows account.. do i need to delete those too in order for me to clean the computer? someone please help. i need to have it clean by 3 days
MacEwen

Postby Tolland » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Go to system restore, if theres on from the original build date restore it to new, there are other programs that will uninstall unwanted/ uneeded/ unused programs,

Run a Disk defragment and a disk cleanup in start menu/ accessories/ system tools

If its saying your windows in not genuine, then its going to disable in 30 days, you need to activate the cd key
Tolland

Postby Dillan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:39 am

Are you saying your computer is infected, or you want to install some products to help protect it? I'll assume the latter.

Try this:

I have the free versions of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) and Avast Antivirus installed. They won?t conflict, so long as you don?t attempt to scan with both products simultaneously.

As soon as you've installed them, start them and get updates for the virus definitions.

Here?s a link to the free version of Malwarebytes? Anti-Malware: http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwar...

Here?s a link to the free version of Avast Antivirus: http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_...

You could also try downloading CCleaner. Perform a Cleaner scan and click "Run Cleaner", then perform a Registry scan and click "Fix selected issues..."

Unless you need all those accounts, I'd revert to just one.

The message about your Windows not being genuine is probably a bug. Many people with genuine copies have been getting this message. It is a known issue. Unfortunately, I can find no simple fix for it. I'm guessing it can be caused by more than one problem.

Hope this helps.
Dillan

Return to Windows 7