Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Help My Laptops Having Major Issues!!!!!!!?

Windows 8 Discussion

Postby Feagh » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:26 pm

I have a compaq cq58 notebook pc. It came with windows 8. For some dumb reason it totally froze yesterday so I forced it to shut down then I turned it back on and it never loaded to the windows 8 live tiles thing the screen just stayed black. So I removed the battery turned it on then it loaded to the tiles however it would not load to the desktop or any other tile. I let it stay there for hours and finally it was ready to load the desktop. Once on the desktop I could not load a single application not google crome not Internet explorer not iTunes nothing. So I shut down tried again nothing happened I removed the battery and that didn't help either.
Right now I can rarly get to the tiles I can never get to the desktop the screen usually just remains black. (Also I have a password I have to put in before I get to the live tiles and the last time I tried getting on it never asked for my password )

Knowing this information does anyone know how to remedy the situation so I can actually get on and use it?

AND THE MAIN QUESTION do I contact compaq company or windows company to help me with my problem?
Feagh

Postby bocley54 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Did you have windows update set to download and install automatically...?

One possibility is that it seeming to freeze up may have been a windows update running in the background. Windows update when installing, can slow the PC to a crawl, or make it seem to freeze at times.

If you did force a shutdown during an update then it can cause the problem you are having.

You can try a system repair with a windows DVD/CD. This may get it to the point where it will boot up again. If not...

To correct this you will have to do a system recovery. (Warning this will delete any data and programs that you have put on the PC since it was new.)

So you will need to find someone with the knowledge to get all of your important files off of the drive before you do the system recovery.
bocley54

Postby Tanner » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:57 am

When the start menu shows, hold the start button + W. Then search for system restore. On system restore, select restore my computer to an earlier time,or a date before this issue started.
Tanner

Postby Bharain » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:40 am

If your warranty is still in effect I would call the

computer company.

Contact Compaq:

1-800-888-0220
Bharain

Return to Windows 8