Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Help - Error 105 (net::err_name_not_resolved): Unable To Resolve The Server's Dns Address.?

Avast Discussion

Help - Error 105 (net::err_name_not_resolved): Unable To Resolve The Server's Dns Address.?

Postby Conrade » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:24 pm

I was on Tumblr and about to upload an auido file when I got the Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address error. I just reloaded the page and re-uploaded. Ever since it has been giving me this error 90% of the time. On any website, any browser. This isn't anything to do with my connection because it does nothing to my skype connectivity. The only virus protectin I have is Avast and I haven't had a problem with it before. Nothing has been changed.

I tried a few different cmd things from google, none of them worked. Changing my primary and secondary DNS address to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 didn't work either.

I tried google chrome (my primary), flock, opera, firefox and even internet explorer. All the same. If I keep reloading the page it eventually works.

Help? It's annoying. :c
Conrade

Postby Enam » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:55 am

Err_name_not_resolved
Enam

Postby Corey » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:47 am

DNS is a service that the whole internet runs on.
You should never change the DNS addresses! Its a "set it & forget it" setting.
To resolve this call you cable provider and ask them for the primary & secondary DNS address for your area.
Then set those in Windows as well as YOUR router NOT your cable provider's modem.

If U R still experiencing problems then this is something that cannot be resolved on the user end.
Corey

Postby Girvyn » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 pm

I'm going to take a wild guess that you have proxy settings set up in one of your browsers that you are using and it's trying to use it when it can't so it keeps giving you that error. If that doesn't solve it try connecting your computer to the internet elsewhere to make sure it isn't a router issue because it could be that still.
Girvyn

Return to Avast