Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Hdslr Microphone Jack Quality?

Audio & Video Software

Postby Blaeey » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:37 pm

I want to get a zoom h4n and everybody says that the on-board mics on DSLR's suck, but they never say anything about the mic JACK...I want to know if anyone knows if there is a difference between recording straight from the H4n compared to the h4N recording through the DSLR mic jack.I want to know if there is enough significant quality change to see if syncing up the audio is worth it....

thanks..
Blaeey

Postby Jordell » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:08 am

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water Jack fell down and broke his crown And Jill got here tumbling after. Up have been given Jack, and abode did trot As rapid as he ought to caper He went to mattress and certain his head With vinegar and brown paper.
Jordell

Postby bearchan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:56 pm

The H4N will work great as an independent digital audio recorder - it is not designed to be used as a microphone that is connected to your camera.
It will work great but you will need to sync the recorded audio with your video in your video editing software afterwords.
The mic jack on your camera will work great for connecting an external mic like the Rode Video mic or others.
The advantage in doing it that way is that the audio is recorded in sync with your video and that saves a step. http://www.amazon.com/Rode-VideoMic-VMP-...
bearchan

Return to Audio & Video