Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I have the iPhone 5 but don't like it much what are the pros and cons of android?

Android Discussion

I have the iPhone 5 but don't like it much what are the pros and cons of android?

Postby gwenwynwyn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 am

I had iPhone 4 and loved it so i naturally thought i would love the iPhone 5 but have found somethings with it I don't like i can still return it as it's still within the 30 days should I go android or keep the iPhone 5 is it worth it to make the jump?
gwenwynwyn

Postby anum97 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 am

I had an Andriod for almost two years & I have an iPhone now. Personally, I like iPhone more. My Andriod was kinda slow and died way faster than my iPhone does. I know on my Andriod it came with preinstalled apps and if you didn't like some of them, you couldn't even delete them. I don't know if it's changed any, but I'd prefer the iPhone 5 over Andriod.
anum97

Postby brit » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:40 am

If you are not in love with your new phone, you should definitely go check out some of the alternatives on the android side. But, don't just get "an android". Make sure its one of the higher end android devices, like the galaxy s3 or the htc one x. I always hear people say "I had an android phone..." and then they complain that it was slow or buggy, or had bad battery life. Guess what, there are some good android devices, and some not so good ones. Just because someone had an issue with one doesn't mean its an issue with the android phones you will be considering. I personally have a galaxy s3, andI love it. Here are some of the benefits of the gs3 over the new iphone:
1. Removable battery.
2. You can add a microsd memory card to increase storage space on the phone
3. NFC technology (though this is not so useful just yet)
4. Google maps/ navigation. As you may have heard, apples new maps app is not great.
5. Bigger screen

With all new android devices, there are widgets, more customization options, and more free apps. If you don't like the galaxy s3, you might want to look at the htc one x or the Motorola razr maxx, but those do not have removable batteries. If you are coming from an iphone 4, I think the galaxy s3 will be the easiest to transition to on the software side.
Like someone else pointed out, most carriers only give you 14 days for exchanges, so you may want too check into that.

One last point. If you are worried about the screen (and therefore the device itself) being "too big" on the android devices, most people get used to it within a week, and after that they never want too go back to a smaller screen.
brit

Postby derry74 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 am

With Android devices, you have a lot more choice. Most carriers have multiple devices that run the Android system. That's the biggest pro. You will probably want to get the fastest device you can afford.

One of the great things about Android devices is that you can root them and modify them a lot easier than the iPhone. Even just rooting the phone allows you to do a lot of neat things - like removing those apps you don't want.

I've been using Android devices since the very first one came out in late 2008. I can't think of any cons.
derry74

Postby ekram » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 am

Pros
-Heaps of different manufactures to choose from, with a phone able to match every need and budget
-More control: Android give more control to their users, and allows you to do stuff like send files over bluetooth or download files from the web
-Android allows you to customize the homescreen, with the ability to add widgets and app shortcuts
-Android phones usually have bigger screens

Cons
-Android is laggy, and isnt as elegant as iPhone 5
-Apps arent as high in quality than those available for iPhone
-Android isnt as simple and IOS, and can be unstable
ekram

Postby eleder » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 am

Android: more free apps, more hardware choices and variety, less restrictive company to get apps from, more customizable.

BTW: you only have a 14 day return policy from most wireless companies.
eleder

Return to Android