Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I have a 5.1 surround sound speaker system, if I buy a home audio receiver.....?

Home Audio & Video Discussion

I have a 5.1 surround sound speaker system, if I buy a home audio receiver.....?

Postby alhrick » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 pm

I have a 5.1 surround sound speaker system, if I buy a home audio receiver that allows you to play audio in stereo or surround sound, will I be able to play my music in stereo?

Im not good with electronics lol
alhrick

Postby averil » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:51 pm

By default, the receiver will only uses the appropriate speakers based on the type of audio signal it's receiving.

So if you play music, only the front left and right speakers and the subwoofer will be used. This will be true for any stereo signal. For instance, I have some DVDs of old TV shows that were only in stereo.

Some receivers do have a mode that lets you send the left/right stereo signals to the rear speakers to give you a sort of "fakey surround" mode but most people don't like that.
averil

Postby kenny » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:58 pm

Yes. Look for Pioneer or Onkyo receivers. They are the most reliable receiver in the market today and are high recommended by Home theater magazone. Hope this will help you out.
kenny

Return to Home Audio & Video