Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I Have A Kodak Z 981 Digital Camera And I Need To Know Where To Get A Driver So I Can Download My Pics To Cam?

Digital Cameras Discussion

I Have A Kodak Z 981 Digital Camera And I Need To Know Where To Get A Driver So I Can Download My Pics To Cam?

Postby Nadiv » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:52 pm

kodak.com

or maybe microsoft.com
Nadiv

Postby Donegan » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:36 pm

Don't bother with cables or special software!

The easiest and best method to transfer photos and video from your camera to your computer is via a little USB card reader (which are very cheap these days and widely available).

Plug the reader into a USB port and insert the memory card.

It will show up as a drive, and you can simply drag and drop the photos across to the folder of your choice. http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Card-R...

Card readers also work for moving photos from the computer onto a card (in case you want to take a few photos to get printed - NOT for viewing on the camera purposes).

So yes, you can move photos onto the card, but don't expect to view them on your camera. The downloading itself (and even more so any changes you might have made to the file) changes something in the file. As a result, many cameras no longer recognize it. Besides, memory cards aren't meant for permanent storage, and there are MANY better ways to display photos than on your tiny screen.

But it can come in handy if you just want to transfer a few photos onto the card so you can get them printed.

While you're here reading, do keep this in mind: Memory cards should be formatted in the camera on a regular basis (rather than just deleting the photos off it).

Although it is no guarantee, formatting helps to prevent errors.

Also, memory cards are NOT meant for permanent storage and constant play back - when you get home, you should download your photos, back them up, then format the card in the camera.
Donegan

Return to Digital Cameras