Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I Have Installed 2 Gb Of 2 Ram On Motherboad But It Just Show 1.99 Gb In Computer Properties. Plz Help Me.?

Microsoft Office Discussion

I Have Installed 2 Gb Of 2 Ram On Motherboad But It Just Show 1.99 Gb In Computer Properties. Plz Help Me.?

Postby Black » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:38 pm

its a very small diffrence dont mind it
Black

Postby Trista » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:48 pm

u dont need to worry it shows coz the computer consumer the remaini
Trista

Postby Terrill » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:25 am

The problem is your Windows xp is 32bit version which does not show full RAM it shows only 3.5 GB of RAM whereas that is not case for windows 7 32bit version for xp to show max ram use 64 bit which shows 4GB of RAM
Terrill

Postby Gilford » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:26 am

install a 64-bit OS for max output. coz 32-bit OS supports max 3 gb of ram
Gilford

Postby Colville » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:37 pm

Yeah this happens all the time. Though you installed 2GB of ram only 1.99GB of it might be really used by the computer. Sometimes too it depends on the operating system. For example Windows 7,32bit has less support for higher RAM sizes compared to Windows 7, 64bit
Colville

Postby Nijel » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:19 pm

First, this is somewhat of historic past. A 32-bit machines use reminiscence addresses that are 32 bits (4 octets) extensive. the variety of integer values that is saved in 32 bits is 0 by 4,294,967,295. (Or ?2,147,483,648 by 2,147,483,647 using 2's supplement encoding, besides the incontrovertible fact that it finally ends up being the comparable besides the incontrovertible fact that.) for this reason, a processor with 32-bit reminiscence addresses can at as quickly as get admission to 4 GB of reminiscence. besides the incontrovertible fact that, only 2GB of dedicated reminiscence could be assigned to a particular technique. (word: sixty 4-bit computing can handle as much as sixteen exabytes of RAM, that's truly massive - 1000 gigabytes is one terabyte, 1000 terabytes is one petabyte, and 1000 petabytes is one exabyte.) The reminiscence which you're no longer seeing isn't wasted! this is reserved via the so referred to as "option roms" of your PCI-units like the SATA controller, community card, portraits card (even in spite of if this is AGP), IDE controller, USB, Floppy, etc. this is a stable factor! it makes each and every thing else on your computing gadget run speedier! You rather do no longer % all 4GB on your OS, do you? in case you truly need all 4GB for domicile windows, you may attempt this: (no longer making certain something, on account that i don't be responsive to all people with 4GB of reminiscence so i don't be responsive to if it truly works...) Goto the run field and attractiveness msconfig. this would raise the equipment Configuration application field . click on the BOOT.INI tab. seem for superior recommendations Button. click this button. you will desire to make certain on the very dazzling here /MAXMEM=, if there is an verify mark in the field next to it uncheck it. click ok and reboot your computing gadget. If that would not help, you may attempt doing it on your BIOS. besides the incontrovertible fact that, it relies upon on what motherboard you have, besides using fact the recommendations the BIOS can provide. domicile windows XP service %. 2 presented a clean technique for loading card gadget drivers in the two>4gb mem variety. so which you will on no account get the full quantity shown in winxp in spite of in case you do get all of it shown properly in the bios. besides the incontrovertible fact that, in case you nonetheless have a replica of xp with sp1 laying around using this you may get it to coach the full quantity in the bios AND domicile windows. supplies: wikipedia, google seek term: domicile windows reminiscence 4gb
Nijel

Postby Dalwin » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:01 am

So do you have 2 or 4gb of ram installed and are you dual booted, anyways your ram will always show 1mb less, this is the real mode protected memory
Dalwin

Postby Carson » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:46 am

nothing to worry.

it always show less gb.
Carson

Return to Office