Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I have a acer aspire 18.4 laptop and cant seem to find the wireless switch?

Networking & Wireless Discussion

Postby yitzchak46 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:14 am

hello, thanks for taking the time to read my question and i really hope you can help.
basically i have had this laptop for 4 years and it has been really reliable and only last night the wirless connected as normally, but when i got home today from school it hasnt connected and when i click on the diagnose problems button it just comes up with the wireless capability is turned off and it states how to turn it off but i physically cant find the correct button.
i havent had any anti-virus protection on the laptop for roughly 4 months but im not sure it could be a virus as it states on the screen that the wireless button is turned off, if it was a virus surely it wouldnt be as straight-forward as that.
many thanks to anyone who trys and helps with this problem as i desperately need my internet back for coursework,
thanks for your time :)
yitzchak46

Postby farnly » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:21 am

Look on the function keys for an icon that looks a bit like a Satellite dish, that is what you use to turn wireless on and off, also get some anti virus on there, you can get it free
farnly

Return to Networking & Wireless