Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Frustraion With Personal Privacy With Parents?

Web Browser Discussion

Postby Chaakmongwi » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:05 pm

I recently bought a laptop with 1000 dollars worth of saving birthday money Ect. The first week I was complety happy using it and doing whatever on it but soon my parents took control of yet another thing in my life. They now use my laptop more then me, download there own crap on there and even ask me to change the desktop picture. If I say anything they will ground me or something and I can't do anything. I don't understand. Please help idk what to do with this. I ussually end up riding my bike to the library and using one of there crappy dinosaur pre-historic pc's that take years to start up and the only web browser available is internet explorer.
Chaakmongwi

Postby Cosgrove » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:19 am

Depending on your age, i would suggest you sit down and talk to them politely about this and ask them if they would refrain from being on it as much or as long and also ask before they download things so that you won't have viruses and things of that nature. Also why not suggesting "Hey Mom and Dad lets go to the library!!! It'll be nice family time!" Bring your laptop and they can get on the library computers.
Cosgrove

Postby Billie » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Wow haha i would be pissed if I were you. But you have to respect your parents. You should just delete all of their crap off of the laptop and if they confront you, NICELY explain to them that it is yours that you bought with your own money and you needed that free space on the laptop for something and their crap was using it up. Or put a password on it.
Billie

Return to Web Browsers