Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Wi Fi From Internet Data Card (usb Dongle Wireless Broadband)?

Desktop Discussion

Postby Horace » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:48 pm

I have a Vodafone data card (USB Dongle) which can individually be used for Internet connectivity for my desktop PC and my Laptop. If I buy a router and connect the Datacard with it, can a Wi Fi be created, by which I can simultaeneousy get internet connectivity to my Laptop and Desk top PC at the same time? What router should I buy?
Horace

Postby Lane » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:41 am

Hi there that is a good question. "wi-fi internet competent" often implies that the laptop has a targeted connection house available for you to buy and install a gadget to let your computer connect wirelessly to a local area community (LAN). This might be an internal port and built in antenna, or a PCMCIA slot on the side of your computer the place you could insert a designated PCCard that is made to connect wirelessly to a community. In the event that they "have it," its already constructed in. There's nothing extra you have got to do. No playing cards to put in or further gadgets to attach. I, personally, just like the computers that have it constructed it. The drivers were designed exceptionally for that laptop so there is no muss, no fuss. Simply flip it on and attach "...Through (your) bt home hub (wirelessly)." Hope this helps. Gary
Lane

Postby Meirion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Does USB dongle act as a hotspot? You may just need a Wi-Fi adapter for desktop? I have one that can be a USB dongle and run up to 5 appliances, Telstra have them as we'll, as does vivid wireless. I use USB to charge the battery?
Meirion

Return to Desktops