Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I Am A Freshman. I Failed Microeconomics During My First Semester Of College.?

Email Software Discussion

Postby Claeg » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:33 am

I studied very hard and did all of the homework. I performed poorly on my examination. I withdrew from the class. I decided to take an advance level of Calculus, as I performed very well in the first Calculus course. I am currently unaware of what I want to major in. I thought I would want to teach Mathematics, so I took the class. Now I don't want to teach and I question my decision to give up on getting a degree in business, finance or accounting. Please help..
Claeg

Postby Kaiser » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:59 pm

First, while this is frustrating, it happens pretty often, so don't feel too bad about it.

Second, there is a great website to spend some time on to help you think about careers you might not even know exist...

www.bls.gov/ooh

This is the link to the Occupational Outlook Handbook. I use it often to research a lot of things, but it is a great source for ideas of what you might like to do for a career, but it also shows you what you need to do to get there.

If you plan to continue college, I might suggest taking more general courses that satisfy as many options as possible for upper division programs... that way, if you do find an area that excites you - and you want to work toward it, you would only have to take a few "make up" courses for prerequisites as needed.

It is good to be familiar with accounting and finance issues in general - business / career / personal, so that kind of background is good to have, but if you do not want to specialize in it, the OOH is a great way to find things you do like!

Best wishes for much success, always!
Kaiser

Return to Email Software