Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Free International Calls?

Android Discussion

Postby Chappel » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:42 am

How can I make free internationall calls? I have my gf number.
She is currently in Taiwan visiting family, while I'm stuck in Kansas. She has a cell phone.
I have an Android smart phone "Samsung Galaxy S2" bought 6/28/2012, I have a data plan and free moble to moble.
I would like to be able to call my gf. I'm sure that with a couple of apps, or something I could call her, however I'm not sure which ones i should down load.
The one that i have downloaded has been a waist of time, a jiant mess, and the worse, a waist of my data.
Please help.
Any extra info nessisary I will see if I can supply.
Chappel

Postby Inaki » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:12 am

If your GF has iPhone or Android device, you could both download Vonage Mobile App and call for free over WiFi or 3G. Also, Vonage Mobile App has a limited promotion where calls to any US number (landline or mobile) is free, so your GF can call you even if you're not connected to a WiFi or using 3G.

Full disclosure: I work with VonageApps so you can say I'm slightly biased... However, the app is free to download so you could try it for yourself without paying.
Inaki

Postby Halsig » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 am

The best would be using skype app.
She would also have to download the skype app on her cell phone as welll.
All skype to skype users are able to call each other anywhere in the world for free.
Skype works on either Wi-Fi or through your data internet plan.
Halsig

Return to Android