Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Do External Hard Drives Work With Laptops?

Storage Discussion

Postby Dyvyr » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:39 am

hi, i was wondering what i should do.

my toshiba laptop is extremely unreliable and it needs sending away but it will need wiping clean in its memory so i need to back it up.

do external hard drives work with laptops in general?(my laptop is modern and expensive so if they do with most im pretty sure they will with mine)

if i were to use an external hard drive on my laptop and put ALL my itunes on it, would i still need the itunes on my laptop when syncing my ipod or could i just have my external hard drive plugged in? ty so much for any help you give and sorry for any un clarity as i am not a techno freak lol
Dyvyr

Postby Paget » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Firstly, yes the external harddisk will definitely work.

As for the itunes, u may need to re-install it in your new computer to sync it.(that is if u are getting 1) bt u still gotta have allthe songs in ur itunes library
Paget

Postby aldnd » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:59 am

External hard drives do work with laptops.
You could save all your itunes music onto an external hard drive.
When you re-load itunes if you upload the music from your hard drive you should be able to just keep it on your hard drive and not put them on your computer. However you will have to have your external hard drive plugged in anytime you wish to use itunes.
If your not careful the way you do it Itunes will want you to look for the original source which is a pain in the A**.
I suggest you put your music back on your computer when you are done and just keep it on the external as a back up.
aldnd

Return to Storage