Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Emergency Kit For A Matron Of Honor?

Tablet Discussion

Postby Cwrig » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:16 pm

On Saturday my girlfriend is getting married and I am the MOH. There are 3 bridesmaids and the other two (and her family) live overseas. They are not arriving until Friday morning!!!!! We are all getting dressed in the hotel suite and I'm trying to put together an 'emergency kit'.

So far I have:

Hollywood tape, sticking plaster, feminine hygiene products, safety pins, headache tablets, razors, small sewing kit.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as we won't be in someone's home for 'little necessities'.
Cwrig

Postby Bradleigh » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:36 am

I can tell you what's in the one that I have for every wedding at my church:

Scissors

Extra pair of nude hose - Size 2

Clear nail polish

Stain remover

Extra earring backs

needle and thread

extra buttons - white

hair spray

static guard

lotion

aspirin/tylenol/advil

mints

cough drops

hair dryer

steamer

lint brush

tampons/pads

comb

disposable toothbrush & paste

mouthwash

temporary filling kit (for teeth)

nail file

crazy glue

chapstick
Bradleigh

Postby Yoman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:12 am

All the suggestions are good.
And don't forget to bring Kleenex (tissues)
Yoman

Postby Humberto » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:52 am

Clear nail polish- Good for stopping runs in pantyhose

Hair pins

Deodorant/antiperspirant- Remember a little on the soles of your feet will keep them moisture free for the day..
Get the kind that goes on clear..

Breath mints/drops/spray

Earring backs- those little buggers have a way of disappearing when not closely supervised

Nail polish- Chips happen

Straight pins- can be used to make repairs on bouquets that may be dropped/damaged

Tums or other antacid for calming jittery stomachs

Hand/body lotion- nerves can cause dry/ashy looking skin
Humberto

Postby Bailefour » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 am

Mine is long and there may be things on here that you will not want or think you do not need.

First, be sure bride has two responsible females to distribute flowers, one to women and one for men, extra bout pins and to help the poor dears pin on their bouts.

If it is going to be very hot, bring a fan.
The day before if you can, check bathrooms to be sure they are well stocked, and bring cans of Lysol deodorizer spray, lysol is best!!.
Scissors, a sewing kit, toothpaste and toothbrushes or those mini mint disposable tooth brushes, dental fix it (fills in spot and hardens) for lost fillings-yes it has happened, small bottle of mouthwash, mints, kleenex,pen and paper, several charged cell phones, bring or have a couple of cameras for candid shots, list of all vendors phone no.'s in case of an emergency, spare buttons if needed, nail clippers, club soda for spills, tweezers, sunblock if outside, mirrors, throw away garter and bouquet, nauzene tablets or pepto bismol, cash, static cling spray, nail file, chalk the color of brides gown or a bottle of white-out, straws so as to not mess up lipstick if drinking anything, your lipstick and make-up, and advise other bm to bring theirs, (even if make up was professionally done) eye make-up remover, lint brush, glue, band aids, hair dryer, hot rollers or curling iron for those do's that don't last,brush, comb, pick,bobby pins, straight pins, dental floss, extra pantyhose if wearing, clear nail polish for runs, your nail polish for chips, toilet tissue, Imodium, and tums, mini-size box of shout/stain remover, hair pins and clips, hair spray, double check all jewelry. If something is missing don't mention it and chances are, no one will notice. If bride will cry, a small hankie to wrap around handle/stem of bouquet or to hold in one hand or kleenex, masking tape and duct tape--yes, holds up an entire hem that has been ripped if not enough time to sew it back, glue.

Several extra earring backs, bath cloths or wipes, a box of multi size tampons, small pads, tylenol or ibuprofen, snacks and mini bottles of drinking water, clean undies and be sure bride has some, wear mini pads if you think you might "leak" if you cannot get to bathroom in time, someone to run interference at the door to stop all the "I just want to get a peekers", deodorant, be sure bride has a muffin or some cheese crackers to eat, make her eat a bite, so she won't get the shakes or faint, have someone to be in charge of cleaning dressing room after everyone leaves or before end of reception, a change of shoes if you wish and same for bride.
Have someone double check all the little things, cake server and knife, toasting flutes, check out cake, caterer, etc. just someone to double check that everything is going smoothly, placement of flowers, a couple of good delegators for last minute "to do's".

And, if possible have a place for bride, you and bmaids to freshen up during the reception.
Bailefour

Postby Gilli » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Drinking STRAWS! If you drink ANYTHING after your dressed you're going to want a drinking straw!
Gilli

Postby pollock14 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:09 am

hair spray and bobby pins

maybe Dr. sholes the shoe thingies?

some makeup and those little ear cleaners. they come in handy with smudged mascara and such

good luck!
pollock14

Postby Darrel » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:19 pm

some mints or chewing gum. just make sure they get rid of it before show time;)
Darrel

Postby Karcsi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:58 pm

Shoe inner-soles, bobby pins, lipstick.
Karcsi

Postby Wulfsige » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:21 am

it sounds like you have thought of everything - GOOD on you!!!!

maybe some snack foods & drinks - it is easy for everyone to forget to eat in the excitement .

Even if you were to leave the food shopping till everyone was there .

Are you all wearing stockings?? then a couple of pairs of spares or some clear nail polish to ''mend'' any holes.
Wulfsige

Return to Tablets