Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Download Windows Xp Rather Than Wait For Dvd?

Windows XP Discussion

Postby Alhad » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:35 pm

I ordered a laptop on eBay but it was running on Linux which I'm not familiar with so I decided to switch to windows. The seller agreed to send me a portable DVD burner and WIndows XP Pro SP3 for an extra $20. The Windows key already came with the computer so can I just download the Windows XP Pro SP1 from the internet for free and will automatically upgrade? Can I start straight from SP3 on the internet or do I have to wait for the DVD? I work from home now and get sick of sitting in this room all day so once in a while it would be nice to bring my laptop with me and go to a library, coffee shop, etc. just to get out.

I really just don't want to do anything illegal or something that would screw up my laptop.
Alhad

Postby Manni » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:34 am

No you can't but you can download the SP3 from Microsoft Home website after you install the OS. Make sure to install the correct OS for the product key that you have, and if your product key is of a laptop that was purchased with XP installed you cannot download the OS from the net because they are not the same although they look.
Manni

Postby Bardulph » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Windows XP was never released for download by Microsoft- so anything you download would be pirated!

Just wait for the disk.
Bardulph

Postby Avrum » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:27 am

You can download one. Because the seller offered a pirated versions.

Original Windows Home OS price is about $90.
Avrum

Return to Windows XP