Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Don't Need A Sensor Bar...?

Networking & Wireless Discussion

Postby Adamec » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Okay, I was watching Netflix on my Wii, and my remote was sitting on the couch next to me. I saw the pointer on the screen, so I picked up the remote, pointed at the spot that it was pointed to, and I could use it fine, without a sensor bar. (I use a wireless sensor bar, and it was turned off.) I'm not really pointing at a significant spot, just straight at the ground. How does that work...? o-o
Adamec

Postby Clementius » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:50 pm

The Wii sensor bar, unlike the name suggests, is just a light reference. There are 4 LEDs at a set distance that the Sensors in the Wiimote use to triangulate where it's pointing.

I'd be willing to bet the spot it was pointing at had some sort of IR light. http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/67... or google wii candle trick.

If your Wii sensor bar is on, and you use the viewfinder screen on a digital camera to look at it, you can see the LEDs.
Clementius

Postby Padrig » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:02 pm

i've got quite discovered that as quickly as I place the sensor bar the situation opposite to the place I tell the Wii that is, that is quite extra precise. additionally, on the Wii mote sensitivity settings, set it to 3 whether you notice extra advantageous than 2 dots. once you're adjusting the settings you're status nonetheless, yet once you're enjoying a interest you would be shifting the Wii mote around so lots extra advantageous than you have been once you have been adjusting the settings, And the sign gets uneven and could decrease out, which will nicely be stressful and deadly in interest.
Padrig

Postby evert74 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm

You can think of it like as a funnel when changing oil you pour the oil into the funnel you don't pour it into the exact spot it pours out the wavelengths the wii remote are caught in the funnel of the receptor
evert74

Return to Networking & Wireless