Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Does Avast Anti Virus Really Work?

Avast Discussion

Postby Orton » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:16 pm

It's in my eye- Okay. Nothing too special.

I feel the free version of AVG is Better. If you ever need a heavy duty clean-up, or just want to ensure your all cleaned up from Malicious Software, Follow the steps below!

The following tools/steps will help you ensure your safety! In addition, you are in control of what you download and only you can prevent yourself from getting a virus. The following tools will help you protect against it and delete a virus, but remember the fait of your computer is in YOUR Hands.

AntiVirus/AntiSpyware/AntiRoot...

http://www.free.grisoft.com/doc/1..........

AVG Anti-Virus

AVG Anti-Spyware

AVG-Anti Rootkit

Anti Spyware/Rootkit:

www.safer-networking.org/

Spybot Search and Destroy

www.emsisoft.com/en/software/f...

A-Squared Anti-Spyware Free

www.lavasoft.com

Ad-Aware Personal SE

Firewall:

www.comodo.com

Comodo Personal Firewall

Step-By-Step Method to Ensuring YOUR Security

1) Uninstall ALL Anti-Virus and Firewalls that you may already have. As these, will cause conflicts with the ones you will be suggested to download.

2) Download ALL of the programs above.

3) After download all the programs re-start your computer twice, ensuring that all/most of the programs start on start-up. Ad-Aware, Spybot and Anti Rootkit and A-Squared shouldn't. Make sure the firewall and AntiVirus do though.

4) Update all of the programs. You should do daily updates, and weekly scans. This will most definitly ensure your protection and your system status!

5) Re-Boot into Safe mode. To log into safe mode, "Button-Mash" (simoltaneously hit the key) F8. Then if it gives you a menu, hit "Safe-Mode".

6) After giving it a minute or two to start-up, open up all of the AVG programs. Run them, give them an hour or two as this is their first scan.

7) Save your report if it gives you the option to, and if it does happen to detect a virus, then simply remove it.

8) Open up, A-Squared Free Edition, Ad-Aware, Spybot, SpySweep but, NOT WINDOWS DEFENDER! Run all of these programs and use them to scan. Again, if they detect anything then delete it. If you detected something previously in the AVG Scans then Congratulations! AVG was a great choice for you.

9) Open Windows Defender. Windows Defender is average, and takes a while to scan. Let that scan, and it shouldn't find anything at this point.

10) Congratulations! You have succesfully completed this Anti-Infection Proccess and you are guarenteed safety!

Need a Clean-up?

Download:

www.ccleaner.com/

A simple program that removes unused and temporary files from Windows machines.

O&O Defrag

http://www.oo-software.com/home/en/produ...

O&O Defrag Professional is the most professional and user-friendly features ever found in defragmentation software.

-------------------------

Step-By-Step method on cleaning up your Comp (Basic Version only):

1) Run & Install all the programs above

2) Restart Computer to ensure installation

3) Run Safe Mode (Explained in Virus Clean-Up above)

4) Run all the programs, but NOT O&O Defrag YET!

5) CCleaner will find some stuff and hit fix this and it will clean basic things.

6) Now, for this, make sure, that you DO NOT have any programs running. Exit out of any programs running!!

7) Run O&O Defrag. You'll see on the top top toolbar "Defragmentation" Click that, and then hit "Complete/Name" This is the most complex organazation tool and will take a long, long time! I'd reccomend doing this overnight while your sleeping!
Orton

Postby macgregor » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Depending on the exact issue at hand, a thorough Google search may be be your best bet at resolving for yourself whatever is causing dysfunction. Nonetheless, as a computer technician who runs his own business troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding, and optimizing computers... I can probably guide you in the right direction. However, without having your PC directly at my fingertips, I can only make general suggestions.
In this case, I would surely check out the highly esteemed world-class Reimage software from https://reimagefix.im ..

When people come into our shop and drop off their PC for repair, the first thing we do is run an initial diagnostic. For this function, I use Reimage exclusively. In many cases, I am able to diagnose very quickly what is making their computer run slow, or is giving them the crashes/freezes/errors/grief that brought them to me in the first place. After the diagnostic, in a majority of cases, Reimage is able to remedy All problems and replace any corrupted Windows files. I then proceed to charge a handsome fee for my services that took me all but 30-60 minutes to complete. Obviously sometimes I must work more, but often this is all it takes. It is a very powerful tool that would likely put me and others in my industry out of business if more people knew of it. So don't tell anyone lol, and Good Luck with your PC.
macgregor

Postby Morell » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:36 pm

See -- https://reimagefix.im
Morell

Postby Eairrdsidh » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:53 pm

yeah, it really does

because my computer was literallly STUFFED with adware and spyware i couldnt acces anything and i barely was able to get avast onto it

but once i put it in there it cleaned up EVERYTHING

it was amazing!
Eairrdsidh

Postby Trumbald » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:16 am

yes, some would argue better then norton and mcafee. i personally use antvir http://www.free-av.com/, also free and has saved me from myself alot.
Trumbald

Postby Cort » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:32 am

Paid variations are all simliar loose variations makes Avast on ideal human beings have their own comments nevertheless. they provide comparable risk-free practices this is merely person interface etc. attempt one. If no likes, attempt different.
Cort

Return to Avast