Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Job In Virginia Being 15 ?

Email Software Discussion

Postby Baruch » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:23 pm

you can always do casual labor (working in a private home) such as

baby-sitting

pet-sitting

house cleaning

yard work

running errands

tutoring

etcetera.....

Click on the following link for information about child labor laws such as the number of hours allowed, when you can work, what jobs you can do, and which states require a work permit for minors: http://www.youthrules.dol.gov

US Department of Labor

YouthRules

in general a minor 14 or older may be gainfully employed (work in a business location) such as an:

Office,

Grocery store,

Retail store,

Restaurant,

Movie Theater,

Baseball Park,

Amusement park, or

Service/gas station (can NOT work in the garage area)

Remember just because they legally can hire you does NOT mean they have to hire you or they will hire you. A lot depends on the employment outlook in your area, and the past luck (good or bad) the employer has had employing minors.

Fast-food and grocery stores are willing and able to train new employees but...

Minors tend to have many issues that affect their ability to work such as tardiness, absenteeism, and numerous schedule requests, poor work-ethic etcetera.

I am NOT implying you will have those issues but the fact that many your age do makes it more difficult for you to get an opportunity to prove your worth.

Most businesses are individually owned and operated so it is the owner?s policy and past experience with minors that will determine if they will hire you. Apply everywhere you can, the worse that can happen is they don't hire you.

Businesses such as Publix, Kroger's, Food Lion, Sonic, Chic-Fill-A, McDonald's, Winn-Dixie, Krystal's, Dairy Queen, and Burger King along with smaller local businesses that are in the same genre tend to hire those your age.

In MOST of the states that do require minors to have a work permit (NOT all do) you must have a job offer before you can get the permit, in MOST of these states the permit is employer specific (only good for the employer it is issued for)

Source(s):

US Department of Labor YouthRules! http://www.youthrules.dol.gov
Baruch

Postby Abelard » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:38 am

Try thinking of any low end minimum wage faceless corporations and they will probably be hiring a 15 year old
Abelard

Return to Email Software