Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Digital Picture Frame Pics Cut Off?

Photography Discussion

Postby Brook » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:46 pm

I have a Kodak Easyshare M820 digital picture frame and put some pics from a digital camera on it but due to the 16:9 aspect ratio, many of the pics are cut off despite the panning feature.
How do you guys overcome this? Resize all your photos and then put them on the frame? Live with it? Other? I was thinking I could use a photoshop action to resize all of them but wanted other frame users' perspective.
Brook

Postby Fallamhain » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Yup, you got it. Crop to the appropriate size, that's the only way it will really look any good.

If you have photoshop and know how to run actions, you're set already.

Oh and make sure to do that to a COPY of the images, not the orginals.

Since you don't zoom in on a digital frame (or not much, if you're panning) I would also resize the copies because there is no need to have HUGE images, they sometimes run choppy as a slideshow.
Fallamhain

Postby Cheney » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 am

After looking at your photos I found a few that had a lot of potential and some that needed some adjustments. The photo of you and your dog was way too over exposed and the one of the beach (the 1st one) was way under exposed. I think you are on the right track, you just need to watch the way your photos are lined up. Take your time when you're looking through the viewfinder and make sure everything looks even and good. Also, try a few different angles while shooting the subject matter and find the one that is the most interesting and pleasing. I would suggest getting into school for photography so you can learn and grow from there. There is a lot of technical stuff you need to work at. You're on the right track, you just need someone to teach you the technical stuff and you'll be all set
Cheney

Return to Photography