Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Difference Between A Netbook And Notebook?

Netbooks Discussion

Postby Reading » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm looking to buy a new laptop and wondering what the difference between a netbook and notebook is? Is it a significant difference? I only need one to do basic school work. The netbook I'm looking to get is the HP dm1 Netbook. Is it only called a netbook because of its smaller size meaning there is less on it?
Reading

Postby Jorim » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 pm

netbooks are really small and basically used for school purposes and notebooks are a newer and slimmer version of a laptop
Jorim

Postby Tag » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:26 pm

Not directly on your questions but my two cents. For basic school works get the largest screen you can on your budget. If you are spending like 4 to 6 hours on a laptop for school work, get a larger screen so your eyes are not strained. You will be sitting more doing work than running around with a notebook or netbook. So weight shouldn't be an issue.

Try to avoid netbook. Notebook should be more powerful in running multi apps for school works. Netbook usually used for people who travels or keep simple stuff. Don't think it's suitable for doing school works in the long run. Try opening MS excel and start scrolling. You will get tired doing that with a small screen resolution.
Tag

Postby Steven » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:08 am

Netbooks are basically mini notebooks. A netbook is small laptop with cheap, low end parts inside. They're meant for basic tasks like Web browsing and document editing while being inexpensive and having long battery life. The differences in performance are pretty big so you have to decide if the savings are worth it. Other than that you get used to the size.
Steven

Return to Netbooks