Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Dell Laptop That Was Supposed To Have Windows 8 On It. When I Try To Open Word Its Asking For A Code With 20?

Windows 2000 and Earlier (Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 95)

Dell Laptop That Was Supposed To Have Windows 8 On It. When I Try To Open Word Its Asking For A Code With 20?

Postby Ionnes » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Is this a trial version of Word or Office, or did you pay for the full version? When you buy the full version online, they'll probably email you the code.
Ionnes

Postby Chap » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Most computers are sold with a trial copy of Word. After the trial period you have to pay to unlock it, or you can get Open Office for free.
Chap

Postby Dougan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:39 am

Download Libre Office it's free it has all the same features and more besides plus it is up to date January 2013

You can download Libre office from here.
http://libreoffice.org

Though i don't think Microsoft will allow you to run free software on a windows 8 system, they have locked windows 8 down so that only Microsoft software will run on it. That is to make all windows 8 users buy Microsoft software (at very high prices)
Dougan

Return to Legacy Windows