Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

A Couple Of Computer Questions.?

Windows 8 Discussion

Postby Buadhach » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:54 am

OK I have a couple of computer questions, (don't worry if you can answer all of them just do what you can.)

1. If i check the compress old file in disk cleanup are these file still accessible or do i have to decompress them to use them again. An example: it compresses a word file... do i have to decompress to use that file.

2 where does it store the compressed files?

3 Does it do a decent job? And does it give a big performance boost?

4 Does windows vista transformation pack 9 take up a lot of system resources? What about rocket dock? If so will they slow my computer in games?

5 On a 32bit version of windows xp how much ram can i put in?

6 I have avg 8.0 free do i need any more protection? It seems to be doing a decent job. I have placed other securities on just to run a scan and they never find anything. Is avast really any better? Don't even bother recommending Mcafee I already hate it.

7 Do I really need Microsoft Word or is open office just as good.

8 What does the program Samurize do?

Thats it, thanks.
Buadhach

Postby Aldwyn » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm

1. well u dont need to decompress a file..if it has the name with the blue mark then u can access it..computers compresses it to save disk space...

2. well the windows compressed files store in the windows folder..rest the files u compress u can store them anywhere...

3. NO generally it doesnot effect the performance...just to save the disk space...if u have really big space..then dont compress

4.well windows vista pack slow down the system but not so much it slow downs cz it takes up the disk space moreover RAM to work ..and rocket dock too but very lil...and if u run anygame the performance will definatly be affected as these programs takes up RAM of computer..so if u want to run the game disable them and then start again.

5. well 128MB is recommended..but if u have lot of hard work lot of creative work and u need speed...1GB is good.

6.well i recommend u to take symantic antivirus its good...AVG sucks...and that free edition too...avast is good then avg.

7. well windows doesnot install office by itself..so if u wnna do work on microsoft word..install it..

8.samurize i guess is the program that has its client programs like after u install samurize u can download samurize clock and etc..it will show clock on desktop..etc..
Aldwyn

Postby Carmichael » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 am

5. On a 32bit system, the maximum amount of ram you can have is 4gb.

6. You might need a good firewall as well such as zone-alarm free. Also AVG is not known for providing the best protection. Avast home edition is free and is a lot better.

7.Open Office is just as good.

8. Samurize is an advanced system monitoring and desktop enhancement engine for Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista. IT professionals, overclockers, gamers and desktop modders alike use Samurize for system information, weather reports, news headlines and much much more. And best of all, Samurize is 100% free!
Carmichael

Postby Windell » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:33 am

Compressing files is pretty useless to increase the speed of your PC. I't simply to make the processor more efficient when accessing the files.

Unfortunately, I use WINDOWS, so the following information will only help if you use WINDOWS. With your operating system comes a bunch of clutter and copies of copies of backup information that you will NEVER. EVER. need, I promise you. All it really does is slow down your pc, so heres some simple steps to help you:

>Start

>>My computer

>>>Local Disk C

>>>>WINDOWS

Look for a file called "system 32". thats where most of the aforementioned clutter is stored. Just right click on it and delete it and you will notice a world of difference in your PC speed.

Sincerely,

Summer Glau

(P.S. Remember to check out the latest season of the Terminator : The Sarah Conner Chronicles on Fox)
Windell

Postby Currito » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:10 pm

good lord i swear the more answers i read here the more shocked i become at the amount of people that are freaking clueless !!!

the xp 32 bit version can only handle 2 gigs of ram not 4

avg is fine

open office is better then microsoft office and is able to read all microsoft office files and best of all is free

Samurize is a waste of time

the vista transfermation pack 9 is pretty neat i run it my self

and works well
Currito

Return to Windows 8