Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Could You Explain These Nerdy Jokes To Me?

Peripherals Discussion

Postby Valdemarr » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:01 am

These are the jokes that i did not understand on hank green's video called 31 jokes for nerds available here : http://nerdfighteria.info/index.php?title=31_Jokes_for_NERDS!

Would you be so kind to explain the following jokes. ( I suggest you watch the video as it may help understanding some of the jokes)

1. Knock knock. Who's there? To. To who? No, no, no. To whom

2. The past, the present, and the future all walk into a bar at the same time. It was tense.

3. How many computer programmers does it take to screw in a light bulb? Whoa, no, that's a hardware problem.

4. Oh yeah? Well electronegativity totally gives me a permanent dipole.

5.Man walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "Give me ten times the number of drinks everybody in here is drinking." And the bartender says, "Now that, my friend, is an order of magnitude."

6. (this one is part of a series of half full/empty glass jokes) While surrealists think that the glass is half of a slowly rotting lemon.

7. How many Freudians does it take to change a light bulb? Two, one to screw in the light bulb and the other to hold the peni- the ladder, THE LADDER!

8. René Descartes was drinking some beer in a bar, and the bartender asked him, ?Would you like another?? and René Descartes said, ?I think not.? Wait no! Wait, ohhh noo?

Thanks for your time
Valdemarr

Postby Niles » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:25 am

1. Correcting grammar.

2. Three tenses of language.

3. Computer programmer joke (hardware is a computer term).

4. Chemistry joke; talking about the charges on an atom.

5. Magnitude- powers of ten.

6. Surrealists express everyday things in weird images.

7. Freudian slip- saying sexual thing instead of thing that he/she meant to say.

7. Descartes was known for his quote, "I think, therefore I am." When he says, "I think not," it is implied that he ceases to exist.
Niles

Postby Marden » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:13 pm

You'll get them when you grow up.
Some good ones though.
I liked them.
Marden

Postby Willmar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:17 am

i dont earn on my own purely iam the known of better classification take care of all like u dont earn for valueless without nicely appreciate come from behaver what u earn what u take first share ur time for exciting weak spot selection
Willmar

Postby BradPitt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:57 pm

1. They are corretcing you on grammer.

2. Past, present, and future are all tenses.
BradPitt

Postby Davi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:33 pm

i dont understand all of them but ill explain the ones i do as far as i understand it.

Its just english grammar and they are correcting you.

2. past tense, present tense, future tense. when they walked into a bar at the sanme time it was tense, get it?

3. a lightbulb would be considered hardware and computer pragrammers only work with software so are unable to fix it.

7. i think its something to do with freudian slip, a slip of the tongue.

hope i helped =]
Davi

Return to Peripherals