Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

My computer just shut down and now wont stay on for more than a second HELP!?

Windows 7 Discussion

Postby iason44 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:14 am

Alright so here we go I just got a new desktop computer about a month ago and it has worked great with zero problems (Windows 7 home premium, 8G RAM, terabyte of memory, radeon 6670) not sure if im forgetting anything. anyway i had minecraft running and chrome with a couple of tabs open and all of a sudden i got a long ish memory error window that i didnt have time to read and the computer shut off. I pushed the power button and nothing again nothing then again and the blue lights came on and the fans started spinning and then it stopped a couple more times and the lights came on and went right back off again i tried it once and at the same time blew on the intake fan and it seemed to do something (kind of like a rolling start in a car?) i got to the screen that says "windows did not shut down properly" and you get all the options i clicked start normally got to a corrupted bios automatic repair screen and then it shut off again now it is doing the same thing of the blue lights coming on for a split second and then going off again.
Could it be a jam in the fan that causes automatic shutdown? or overheating? i can give more details if needed but i really would appreciate any help anyone can give me because i spent a good chunk of change on this and im just a broke college student at the moment so this is kind of like a life line kind of thing ill try anything (i like to tinker)
iason44

Postby trevls » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:24 am

When my laptop did that it was because it had Trojan viruses on it
trevls

Postby driscoll » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:28 am

It is new, it is under warranty.
Call the seller or manufacturer and get it repaired. Don't waste time trying to figure it out for yourself.
Sounds like a power or hardware issue.
Hit F8 at boot time to go into Safe mode. Does it run? if not then it is not likely a software problem

If you really want to try, see if it will boot from the Windows CD assuming you have one, or made one when you first set the machine up and it prompted you to do so. If it won't keep running when booted from the CD then for sure it is not a software or hard drive problem,.
driscoll

Postby nell » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:33 am

It could be an over heating problem but at a month old send it back its still under warranty.
i will not touch or fix computers that are in there warranty period as it will invalidate the warranty,
nell

Postby willie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:46 am

willie

Postby edmondo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:50 am

Since your broke. Use your buds computer to get a copy of windows 7 and reload it on there since your computer is all virused up. Or just return it. When you get it running though get yourself a nice antivirus.
edmondo

Return to Windows 7