Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Computer Advice Please.?

Desktop Discussion

Computer Advice Please.?

Postby Dubhloach » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:48 am

I want to have a decent running computer that can run powerful games like skyrim or crysis (not necessarily on ultra high settings).. I will say this once and only once.. I'M NOT GOING TO BUILD A ******* COMPUTER MYSELF.. Sorry for the rage, but I had to get that out of the way. I have a budget of 1060 dollars (including shipping, taxes, monitors, keyboard, and mouse). Also, I don't believe that rebates are reliable so that isn't an option either. I have found two computer options that I need help with deciding.. Or maybe the Yahoo community can give alternative advice (NOT BUILDING)?

First Option:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-H8-1117CB-Generation-Processor/dp/B0082YVESS/ref=sr_1_180?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1340047401&sr=1-180&keywords=hp

Pros: Very cheap price, includes everything together, HP brand (can contact a company for assistance and because it's a big brand, it is more reliable). Mostly good specs except for a couple..

Cons: Graphics card seems bad (side question: Would this graphics card be able to run Skyrim? And if so, then on what setting?) Monitor appears to be lacking an HDMI source so the graphics will be slightly worse

Second Option:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phenom-II-Quad-Core-AM3-Gaming-PC-Computer-HDMI-8GB-RAM-DVD-RW-1TB-Windows-7-Pro-/180882751904?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item2a1d73c1a0#ht_3246wt_1037

Pros: This computer looks amazing! It has great graphics for this price! Amazing specs except for a couple..

Cons: Brand-less (no point of reference in case it breaks). The reviews on the motherboard seem shitty, but I'd like to hear your opinions. I am more biased toward Intel processors as opposed to AMD processors.. Is this AMD processor good because I have no idea if it is lol?

Conclusion: I'm about to be a junior in highschool. I'm not really a very big gamer, but I would like to sit down maybe sometimes on the weekends when I don't have plans and just play a good game (which will include big games like Battlefield 3).. The reason why I wanted to upgrade is because I freaked out when I realized that a game like Amnesia: The Dark Descent couldn't run on my Sony VAIO laptop lol.. So please give advice to somebody who isn't planning to game a whole lot, but would just be able 2 occasionally
Dubhloach

Computer Advice Please.?

Postby Finghin » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:26 pm

I is not going to speak about unique brands on account that every has it's possess audience or following. However, relating to the diversities between computers, Laptops and All-In-Ones, i would ought to say that a desktop is learn how to go. All the accessories are (mostly) in a position to be upgraded and with a laptop unit the energy, including the heating and cooling is on a fully distinctive stage.
Finghin

Return to Desktops