Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Cheap Dslr Or Top Knotch Bridge / Hybrid ?

Camcorders Discussion

Postby Lambert » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:05 am

I am a international tourism student, and I travel a lot. I want a all round camera that delivers me lively pictures.

I heard some people talking that the cheapest dSLR camera's takes "better" pictures than the best bridge/hybrid camera. I am leaning towards the Panasonic Lumix FZ35/FZ38 or the newer model which will be availabe in 2 weeks, or should I buy a 8 year old dSLR camera for that money ? I am really liking the Lumix FZ35/FZ38 and I have seen really impressing pictures taken with that camera, and the HD camcorder is also a plus, but on the other hand, the old dSLR will still have a bigger sensor, which will lead to quality images. The 2009/2010 Lumix FZ35/FZ38 & FZ45(newest model) will all have the newest technological features, which will be handy I guess compared to the old dSLR. Will the technological improvements in 8 years make up for the lacking sensor in the hybrid / bridge camera?

Will this be visually noticable in a standard photo format?

And yes I know, like the old saying goes, "Fear not the weapon but the hand that wields it."

So I am thinking about the lumix FZ35/FZ38 , or the newer model, or a 2002 model dSLR...
Lambert

Postby Griffen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:16 am

"the cheapest dSLR camera's takes "better" pictures than the best bridge/hybrid camera."

Nope...some people using the cheapest DSLR can take better photos than some people using the best bridge cameras.
The only way a DSLR can take really good photos is if the user takes the time to study and practice the relationship between ISO, shutter speed,and aperture.
Are you willing to learn how to use a DSLR in full manual mode and take the time to practice in all sorts of lighting conditions? If not, then get a bridge camera.
As you own neither, you will not know the difference.
Griffen

Postby Conrade » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm

I can get great shots with my Nikon Coolpix P90. If you're not going to shoot anything bigger than 4x6's, I doubt if it's going to matter much.
Conrade

Return to Camcorders