Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Cannot Sync Ipod In New Itunes?

iTunes Discussion

Postby DAngelo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:06 am

Emm I know what you mean it is a real pain but I am gradually finding my way around:

It may help if first of all we make your new itunes 11 look like the old itunes 10:

Heres how:

Open your itunes library:

you will see a small black and white square at the top left of your screen. click on it and then click show menu bar: that's the first bit done:

Now click on View on the menu bar and select show status bar: this puts your usage bar back at the bottom of the library page:

Now click view again and click show side bar:

Right now it should look more familiar and if you don't like it just go backwards and unselect them all:

Personally I want mine looking the way it did before:

Have you done that:??

Now plug in the ipod; it should appear in the left side pane as before under devices: If it is grayed out the computer is not recognizing the ipod:

Click on store and the click 'authorize this computer' unplug the ipod and plug back in:

I hope this all works and you will feel more at home with itunes, if it does not work please edit the bottom of your question and I will try and help further or contact me directly by clicking on my icon:

We will make it work - I promise....
DAngelo

Postby Janos » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:07 am

Once you plug your iPod in, on the top right corner, under the search bar, you will see a button that says iPod appear. http://i.imgur.com/C3uIB.jpg Click on it (not the arrow part). Now on the bottom right corner of your screen you will see the sync button. http://i.imgur.com/cqDaW.jpg Just click it and the sync will start. Also, if you want to get the menu bar back, hit CTRL+B.
Janos

Return to iTunes