Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Cannot Open Attachments. Get An Error 50.1 Message?

Windows 7 Discussion

Postby Slaine » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:57 pm

I am very sorry to hear you have been having this problem with downloading or viewing attachments. I know that can be a real pain, but I have good news -- we identified the cause of this problem and have fixed it.

Your account should be working normally, so go ahead and give it a try! If you are still experiencing this problem, please try the steps in the Yahoo! Mail Help article "Basic Browser Troubleshooting". You can find the link to the article below: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=cont...

If you are still experiencing this problem after running through those steps, please post another question, and we will continue to investigate this for you! If you do post another question, please don't forget to include the name and version of your Web browser (i.e., Chrome 24) and your operating system (i.e., Windows 7).
Slaine

Postby seaton21 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:07 pm

I certainly have been given the actual comparable blunders with Rollercoaster wealthy man or woman 3, I recognized online, yet i ought to no longer come across any patches for this actual blunders.Then, devoid of warning, a topic matter popped up asking me to re-set up motorcar RTPatch shopper supervisor, I did, then on an analogous time as i attempted to open Rollercoaster wealthy man or woman 3, it worked! I grew to become off my laptop that night, and interior the cutting-area on an analogous time as i attempted to do it back, an analogous Microsoft considered C++ Runtime Library: Runtime blunders have been given right here up... it is somewhat demanding. via using the way, I definitely have Vista, so it ought to no longer be an analogous for you.
seaton21

Postby Hadlai » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:02 am

Some users are getting an error "50.1" when downloading attachments in Mail.

Resolution

Some users are experiencing an issue where attachments fail to download, and they are returned with an error "50.1" stating they are unable to open the attachment.

Status: Our engineers have resolved this known issue. If you continue to experience this issue, please contact us for further investigation.

Additional Information

How to resolve the most common issues

Mail freezes, performs slowly, or folders / messages will not load

? Mail is blank

? Buttons / pull-down menus / scroll bars / text fields are missing or don't work

? Can't attach or download files

? Unable to send, forward, or reply to an email message

? Can't insert, add, or edit contacts in the "To" field or Address Book.

Test with a different supported browser. If you experienced problems in Internet Explorer, try accessing your Yahoo! Mail in Firefox or Chrome to see if the problem resolves itself. You can update your IE; try to get the latest version. If you have latest version and have problem, then get an older version.

Clean out your cache; go to your antivirus program and tools and select clean system now.

Also update your Java and Flash players.

Defrag system after all is updated and cleaned out. Also you can try CCleaner.com, there is a free version of it, sometimes it will clean out stuff that the antivirus cleaner does not.

Cleaning cookies

? Clearing cookies can fix issues related to: Sign-in problems, like not being able to sign-in, not being able to stay signed-in, and error messages about setting your user cookie.

? Clearing cache can fix issues related to: Browser never finishes loading page, page hangs or freezes, seeing old page content, and online applications (like games) not responding

Resolution

Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your computer by your browser to customize what you see on a webpage. The cache is website information that is stored on your computer, so webpages will load faster. Clearing your cache and cookies can help resolve many browser functionality issues.

Resolution if you are running IE 7.0

* IE 7.0:

Operating system:

- Windows XP

1.Select Tools | Internet Options.

2.Select the General tab.

3.Under "Browsing history," click Delete.

4.Click Delete files and then click Yes to confirm the deletion.

5.Click Delete cookies and then click Yes.

6.Click Close to close the "Delete Browsing History" dialog box.

7.Click OK to close the "Internet Options" window.

8.Close and restart your browser.

If you are running a different system follow the basic steps above
Hadlai

Return to Windows 7