Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can You Use A Mobile Netbook Without The 3g Service?

Netbooks Discussion

Postby Atmore » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:49 am

Verizon came out w the gateway netbook that had 3g but you had to pay under contract for data plans. I see one of these on craigslist, can I use it as a netbook without using 3g and being under contract? If it still is under contract, is there a way to get me to pay (like if I didn't know the netbook was tied to a contract) if I don't sign or transfer anything?

Hp mini n done dell models are also "3g" capable.
Atmore

Postby Bradleigh » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:44 pm

lots of the netbooks with 3g modems outfitted in can purely be offered with a qualifying documents plan. those can get fairly costly ($60/month for a max of 5 GB), so be certain you examine the great print out in the previous procuring.
Bradleigh

Postby Afi » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:53 am

You should be able to use it Wifi, but not really sure. I would not get a used one though, new ones are so cheap now.
Afi

Postby Makkapitew » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:26 pm

The plan and the contract are set up with the personal information of the person who bought the device orginally. If you buy the netbook off craigslist then it is the reponsibility of the person selling it to pay for the plan, They probably just canceled the plan or the contract had already run out. You can use it as you would any other netbook if you don't want to pay for 3G it will still use wifi.
Makkapitew

Postby Keon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:38 am

if it has wifi then yes
Keon

Return to Netbooks