Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can you plug an ethernet cable to a wireless xbox, then into a wired xbox an get connection on a wired xbox?

Networking & Wireless Discussion

Can you plug an ethernet cable to a wireless xbox, then into a wired xbox an get connection on a wired xbox?

Postby gaile34 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 pm

I have the new slim xbox, and im buying the old white xbox 360 (that first came out) but i cant reach an ethernet cable from my router to my xbox and i dont want to buy a wireless router for $60 bucks. so can i plug an ethernet cable into my elite xbox then plug it in to my old wired xbox and receive connection on my old white xbox through my new slim?
gaile34

Postby haji » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:17 pm

I have the new slim xbox, and im buying the old white xbox 360 (that first came out) but i cant reach an ethernet cable from my router to my xbox and i dont want to buy a wireless router for $60 bucks. so can i plug an ethernet cable into my elite xbox then plug it in to my old wired xbox and receive connection on my old white xbox through my new slim?
so youve got a xbox slim and an elite, if youve got the cable, give it a go, Im not convinced or sure the cable will cope with online usage. Planning on having both on at the same time which youll need to do? plus why degrade the nice slim?
haji

Postby gabrian » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:18 pm

The answer is no because the Xbox was not designed to facilitate what you are describing.
gabrian

Return to Networking & Wireless