Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can You Name This Alien Movie?

Home Audio & Video Discussion

Postby Donato » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:35 am

I watched this with my mom a LONG time ago and was half asleep threw most of it but from what i can remember:

earth picked up some sort of alien music and when people header it the got sick, unless they heard more of it, then they'ed turn gold and become aliens

and it turned out aliens sent it to earth so we'd be prepared when the sun turned purple or something?

also i remember at the end a girl was sad because she got a prom dress or something to match her hair but now that shes an alien she has no hair.

that's about all i can remember and parts of it may or may not have been a dream but i'd really like to find this movie

thanks in advance
Donato

Postby Tawnya » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Hmmm....can you remember where you got the movie?On Netflix?At FamilyVideo?
Tawnya

Postby Armande » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:59 am

The Outer Limits (TV series)

"Music of the Spheres"

(originally aired May 9, 1997, as Episode 14 of Season 3)

Synopsis:

Devon Taylor (Joshua Jackson), a 20 year-old physics whiz, has heard a lot of strange sounds coming from space as part of his job assisting Dr. Evan Swift (Larry Musser) at the radio observatory. But something tells him this signal, coming from the direction of Certus, is special. Devon's suspicions are confirmed when he takes a tape of the signal home and his 17-year-old sister, Joyce (Kirsten Dunst), and her boyfriend Vic (Ryan Taylor) react as if they have heard the most beautiful music in the world. But the sound, which seems comprehensible only to teenagers, has a disturbing side-effect; Joyce and Vic's skin begins physically changing, as does the skin of all the other teenagers they expose to the sound. Worse, when Devon's father, Dr. Emory Taylor (Howard Hesseman), orders the "music" taken away, the teenagers appear to go through a painful and possibly deadly withdrawal. Faced with the spread of this potentially lethal audio virus, the government imposes martial law as Devon and his father try to figure out why the sound has the effect it does. Is this the first act of war by an alien civilization, or are the children suffering only because the adults are deaf to this precious gift of special music?

Here's a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGOr_73em...

The final scene begins with Devon's father, still human, entering his daughter's room. Joyce tells him that she is sorry that she won't be able to look beautiful in her prom dress, as the camera pans up showing her new skin to be a golden metallic substance; but her father reassures her that she will always be beautiful.
Armande

Return to Home Audio & Video