Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can I View More Things On My Screen If I Get A Bigger Monitor?

Mac OS X Discussion

Postby Adamec » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:25 pm

I have flight simulator (Microsoft Flight Simulator X). I'm thinking of getting a bigger monitor to add so I can see more of my cockpit instruments, as well as see more of outside the plane. I'm guessing I need to get another video card (keeping my current smaller monitor), since I believe I only have one (I'm currently not at my house, so I can't check). I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop 530S I believe. Windows XP is the OS (with Linux as a backup OS).
Adamec

Postby Hiatt » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 am

I have used Flight Simulator since SimLogic Commodore 64 days.
My current FSX setups use multiple monitors.
That is one way you can see more panels, and different views out other windows than just the front windshield.
You open other views (GPS, radio stack, side views) in windows, not full screen, and drag them to the monitor(s).

If you get a bigger monitor, you will make the panel instruments larger.
There will not be more of them on the single monitor.
You can get a card with multiple screen support, or use several cards, or get USB--to--VGA (or other port type) external video adapters (up to 6 per computer).
Flight simulator is CPU intensive, not video chipset intensive to give better result.
There are many websites tell of system tweaks for improved frame rates and rendering detail.

I use the new MS Flight program on a single 46 inch HDTV, which is a different experience from MS FSX or FS2004 or FS2002 or FS2000 or FS98.
It does require a better video card to give a more realistic and detailed screen image.
Hiatt

Return to Mac OS X