Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can Someone Please Tell Me Advantages And Disadvantges Of Ipad 2.0 And Samsung Galaxy 10.1?

E-Book Readers Discussion

Can Someone Please Tell Me Advantages And Disadvantges Of Ipad 2.0 And Samsung Galaxy 10.1?

Postby Brenton » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:42 am

I currently have a PC with no apple products or apple experience.
I would like to use the tablet as E Reader (be able to transfer books from my Kindle to tablet), browse the internet, play games such as solitare etc Send emails and do basic word processing.
I also want to be able to experiment with apps.

How important is it that apple does not support flash? Will types of limitations will this impose? Should the fact that I have a windows desktop influence my decision?

thanks
Brenton

Postby Fritz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Do you have a standard kindle, not a kindle fire? Anyways I think you should seriously get a kindle fire tablet, not an ipad or samsung galaxy.

You can get one for a good price and read reviews here: http://www.shoppersource.net/goto/kindle...

If you already have a fire then you already have what you need.

The fire web browser fully supports flash, so you can stream youtube and use rich content like flash games on the web browser (which the ipad can't do!).

The fire also supports loading thousands of android apps such as office suites, games etc - and then lastly you'll have access to thousands of movies/music and ebooks via the amazon store.

Considering the fire is a fraction of the price of an ipad, yet has more features like supporting flash, it's a way better deal.

Also if you have an e-ink kindle with ebooks you've already purchased you can load those same ebooks right onto a new kindle fire using the same amazon account.

It's will be hard to remove the drm protections off the ebooks and move them to an ipad.

But trust me amazon has the best package going right now.

Apple products will work with a PC, since there is a version of itunes etc for the pc, but I wouldn't recommend an apple product for several reasons - (1) Apple gear is hard to service. I fix mobile devices and can tell you they put the soldier points too close and make electronics that tend to break when you try to fix them. Amazon kindles are better on that front. (2) Apple is working with publishers to keep prices high, while amazon has sided with consumers to push prices down. (3) Apple is not very freedom respecting as they have been locking down the whole IOS in a very monopolistic way. Google android apps, that run on the fire, are much better for you and everyone as far as having a freeing digital future.
Fritz

Return to E-Book Readers