Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can Someone Help Me With The Problem On My Computer?

Microsoft Office Discussion

Postby Jorian » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 am

I'm not sure what you may have done to your computer, but if you need a piece of software to unzip files, 7zip is a free option that can open .zip, .rar, .7z, and probably other compressed file types as well.
Jorian

Postby Ewert » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:00 am

What exactly happens when you try to open a .zip?

One possible reason is, that the file extension is still associated with the programm you uninstalled, obviously causing weird things when you try to open files of that ext.

But I need more info on what's going wrong first!
Ewert

Postby Aldric » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:01 pm

Windows itself does not have a file compression program;

(well it does but I wont go into it) so the programs like Winrar, Winzip, and 7Zip are what you need you need. For 7Zip make sure you have a AV as that will come loaded with malware/spyware.

This is the path if you you do indeed need to reset the file associations - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations
Aldric

Postby Rygecroft » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:13 pm

in reaction to what you're saying. it rather is problematic to come to a decision what the project is. you probably did no longer say whether you're utilising intense velocity or dial or instantaneous. while you're utilising a instantaneous information superhighway, it would desire to be sign barrier project. while you're utilising intense velocity, it would desire to be secret agent ware project, if dial up, might desire to be bandwidth project. in case you have been utilising you laptop ok formerly. i do no longer think of it rather is laptop project. Modem skill surge project is likewise plausible.
Rygecroft

Return to Office