Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can't Get Files From Panasonic Nv-gs180 To Imac?

Camcorders Discussion

Postby Stefan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:03 am

I'm trying to download files recorded on tape on a Panasonic NV-GS180 camcorder to my iMac. The computer recognises the camera under Utilities>Firewire>System Profiler. But I can't seem to find a way to get the footage onto the computer. I can't import in iMovie or any other programme. There's no option for me to import. Also when I play the video on the camera while plugged into the comp nothing comes up on the comp's screen.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Billy
Stefan

Postby Carswell » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:16 am

that is a really nice camera, sorry to hear about the difficulty. keep trying with the iMovie, if any program can import, that would be the one.
in order for the firewire to be active on the panasonic camera, the mode dial needs to be turned to the video playback mode. that is a rotary knob on the back of the camera, the first position is a movie logo for recording, the second position is an arrow for video playback (the one you want), the third is a camera logo for still photos, the fourth is a camera with arrow logo for viewing photos, and the fifth is the PC logo for using the USB cable to access photos on the memory card. You don't want the "PC" mode. If your camera still fails to respond to the firewire even when in video play mode, then check cables for integrity.
Carswell

Return to Camcorders