Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I Can't Get Any Output From Graphics Card (gtx 670 Ftw)?

Mac OS X Discussion

Postby Lele » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:26 am

As of right now, I have only a VGA monitor, and access to a second (both of which I have tested and have worked with other builds), and intend to upgrade to a better (HDMI) monitor further down the line.

When I start up my system without my graphics card hooked up, and plug the monitor straight into the motherboard, I get the splash screen, am able to go to BIOS, and have the option to install an OS.

I've yet to install an OS.

When I plug the graphics card in, however, I have no output from it at all. (Or the motherboard, though that's to be expected.) I have to run an adaptor from VGA to DVI (DVI-I dual channel) to plug anything into the back of the GPU, since there is no VGA port there.

Currently, I'm just hoping for a faulty adaptor, as then all my problems will go away when I get a HDMI monitor.

There are two options (2 x 4pin or 1 x 4pin, 1 x 3pin) according to a card that came with the GPU, and two different GPU slots on the motherboard; I've tried all combinations with still no results.

Motherboard: AsRock Z77 Extreme4

GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2 x 4)GB 1866MHz

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k Sandy Bridge

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 750w

Any help would be greatly appreciated ? I had hoped to get this running some scary games for Halloween, though that's looking less and less likely the closer we get.

Thanks in advance!
Lele

Postby Dasco » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:07 pm

In your other post you are asking about a GTX560 LOL
Dasco

Postby Randale » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 pm

Additional details : the problem wrong with that is ,best to install the os with the i5-2500k internal graphic card a intel hd 3000, shut down install the gtx 670 the i5-2500k internal graphic card will disable itself and the vga driver on the gtx 670 will give you a dispay after restarting the pc , make sure you have the two 6 pci--e power pins hook up to the graphic card from the psu before restarting it
Randale

Postby Rabhartach » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:47 am

In both of the power options for the GPU, the fan runs on it. Forgot to mention that, sorry.

I have access to two monitors (one flatscreen and one old, boxy type). I can easily imagine the older one not being able to display the card's default graphics, though I have tried it with both of them, and I can't imagine the default is larger than the flatscreen can display.

I've tested both monitors with entirely different cables from each other, and both work fine when not attached to this graphics card..
Rabhartach

Postby Watson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:53 pm

When you turn the computer on is the card getting any power (as in is the fan spinning?)

How new is your monitor, or have you tried another one? I've seen some installs where the default resolution of the card was such that one monitor couldn't handle it, it wouldn't even show BIOS.
It doesn't look like you have a compatibility problems so I'm really just grasping at straws here myself.
Watson

Postby Tanishia » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:06 am

You might try updating the bios on your motherboard.
Tanishia

Return to Mac OS X