Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

My Cable Modem Disconnects Repeatedly At Random. Anyone Have A Solution?

Windows Vista Discussion

Postby delrico » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:52 am

Now i USED to have one of the best wired connections with no lag or disconnections. Well just recently my cable modem shuts off at random (WITHOUT! the lights on the modem itself going off OR CHANGING) since my cable modem is connected to my router. the light on the router indicated as 1 and the outlet 1 is connected to my laptop causing an annoying chain reaction causing me to lose internet. it disconnects for approximately 5-20 seconds then goes back to normal like nothing happened. you can tell this causes trouble for online gaming such as Xbox or ps3. (for example: anyone who's played modern warfare, i can join a game and play but after like 5 minutes of playing i disconnect just long enough to kick me out the game but then i can rejoin again but it happens again.) when i run the connection wirelessly its still the same so i run wired just hoping it doesn't happen again. remember this happened recently about a 2 months ago. i am actually pretty smart when it comes to computers but out of the dozens of attempts of trying to fix the damn problem it feels like i've done nothing. i have time warner cable internet and a netgear router connected to my dell inspiron 1525 laptop with windows vista all drivers up to date and computer clean of viruses. im pretty sure its not that there is a person messing with me from another location because i do know people ddos or flood your internet connection but im pretty positive that thats not the case. sorry for the long explanation but i really am in desperate need of help. i appreciate everything, thanks everyone!
delrico

Postby Cecilio » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:29 pm

mine does the same thing idk mine only seems to happen when i use my laptop, where do u live and what ISP do u have
Cecilio

Return to Windows Vista