Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

If I Buy A Crapy Computer Can I Then Buy A Os X Snow Leopard Disk And Install It On The Computer?

Mac OS X Discussion

If I Buy A Crapy Computer Can I Then Buy A Os X Snow Leopard Disk And Install It On The Computer?

Postby Zev » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Not easily.
You need special firmware to install OS X on a regular PC.
This is available as an add-on but not particularly cheap.
Even then you are constrained in what hardware you can use - a run-of-the-mill low end PC will probably not be built of suitable components.
Zev

Postby Tamnais » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:33 am

No- Leopard and any other Mac OS will only work on a Mac. The file ending for all Mac software is .dmg. Any computer other than a Mac cannot read this format.
Tamnais

Postby Cyd » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:20 pm

Easiest way is to NOT DOWNLOAD CRAP!!! Lol, why would anyone WANT to download 'crap'?

Now, let's consider what is happening/may happen. If you download music legally and from a reputable site it should be completely free from virus's and any malware. If you are attempting to download illegally what on earth are you doing asking on an open forum? (Where you could be monitored and REPORTED!)

Regardless of the source just download a (hopefully) virus free file, and ensure your system has an effective virus/malware scanner, simples!

Oh, and don't download 'crap' (and who wants to own a 'crappy' computer) lol.
Cyd

Postby Sahale » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:07 am

Nope.

Any Mac OSX disk is programed to prevent the installation and usage on any non-apple computer.
Sahale

Return to Mac OS X