Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Bsod When Watching Youtube Videos...whats Happening?!?!?

Windows Vista Discussion

Postby Gervase » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:53 am

Sometimes when im watching videos on youtube in hd and in full screen I randomly get the blue screen of death. It's really annoying and worrying as I constantly update software and run scans etc. I have the latest flash player and recently updated my Nvidia graphics card. I heard updating the bios does it but I dont want to go into that because im no pro. The Nvidia update isn't the issue because this happened about a month ago, and now it's becoming consistent. I've never had an issue like this.

Laptop specs:

Asus lamborghini VX5

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9000 2 GHz ~ 1066 GHz Processor

Operating System: Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate

Memory : 4GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM

p.s. I dont think it's the graphics card because I can run current gen games on here without any problems and in full quality and resolution without much lag, and I only seem to have this problem with youtube, not other players.
Gervase

Postby Keegan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:36 pm

They were all caused by your dxgkrn.sys and nvlddmkm.sys driver which is part of your video driver.

Please un-install and re-install using these instructions.

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.
Keegan

Postby Arnt » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 pm

I would re-install video driver. reboot. should be good to go. this should be your driver here... http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHIC...
Arnt

Postby joss » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 am

Check the event viewer log and see what trouble codes comes up, could be the videos themselves, run a hd movies or a video that you download in the past if know BSOD then it's the youtube videos
joss

Postby Cedric » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:26 pm

it sounds like a program, a short, or device is causing your BSOD. the most common is a driver & as the sound & video. you mentioned that you updated the video but nothing about the sound driver. definitely update this driver. stop background processes when running youtube by using the task manager. clean up the hdd, run ccleaner free from http://www.piriform.com, defrag the hdd. if you can add 4gb more of ram, & run the os @ 64bits. good luck.
Cedric

Return to Windows Vista