Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

My Boss Is Sending People To Video Me And Spy On Me, Is It Legal?

Windows Live Discussion

Postby natalio33 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Tonight after work some employees and I were standing outside of our store after we had closed talking about things that were work-related and a man came driving through asking if our store was still open we replied that we had been closed and we were sorry about it however as he drove through the light we realized that he had his phone up in his window this car videotaping us. A coworker of mine had made a comment about the guy's phone hanging out out of his window in a funny way and another coworker realized she was videotaping us when asked why she was revealed that the owner would not be happy that we were hiring out outside of the stores after hours.

I live in New York and I'm wondering if what this guy did is legal, and if my boss is sending people to spy on me at work and after work, is it legal?

The owners have been known in the past to sit outside of stores across the street and watch the employees throughout the day and during closing hours however they've never been known to send somebody else to videotape the employees after hours
natalio33

Postby Wyndham » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Your employer is free to record anything on or in his property, as you were outside in public ANYONE is free to record you, when you walk down time square there are hundreds of cameras recording you, you have no right to privacy in the workplace or in public.
Wyndham

Postby Cinnfhail » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Your boss desires to talk to his bosses approximately his workers even if this is sweet or undesirable. as a replace of asking or living on the e-mail, have a communication with your boss. Ask him if there is something which you do this desires recuperating, or desires some artwork. while you're keen to artwork on the climate he feels which you may desire to artwork, it shows which you care approximately your activity, not some e mail. If I have been your boss i might say no too using fact if he positioned different individuals interior the e-mail, this is none of your organization or undertaking. i'm thinking the style you got here upon correct to the e-mail
Cinnfhail

Return to Windows Live