Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Best method of hooking up toshiba satellite laptop to LCD HDTV?

HDTV Discussion

Postby hadon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:48 am

Have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop (Model# A205-S5855) that needs hooked up to a new "Sceptre LCD HDTV (Model# X405BV-FHD8HM17W01)
Just trying to get some more information on how to go about this and what is the best method. I'm pretty tech savvy, so have a good idea of knowing "what to do" just looking for some helpful hints, tips, tricks, personal experience reviews,etc. As far as quality, compatibility, price, the basics..

From what I've heard so far, looks like best way, would be to purchase the VGA to HDTV cable, that apparently has to come with an attached audio cable, since VGA doesn't include audio. The guy at wal-mart seemed like he had no clue what he was talking about. And of course, good old wal-mart.. was OUT of that particular cable, surprise, surprise. Hoping maybe it was a blessing in disguise and their is an even better/cheaper (cable was like $30 something bux) out there, that I maybe missing.

Thanks in advance! We plan on going out later today to pick up the cable(s) needed. Will check back often.. let me know if any more info is needed.
hadon

Postby eigneachan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:52 am

Read the user guide for the TV and user manual for the laptop on connecting and settings.
The laptops user guide/manual should be listed in all programs or download it by model number from http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp

How To Connect Laptop To TV, Cables & Jacks for Connecting Laptop to TV, Tuning
http://www.geekwithlaptop.com/how-to-connect-laptop-to-tv
eigneachan

Return to HDTV