Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Is Avg Suitable For The Average Laptop?

AVG Discussion

Postby Leoline » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:58 am

The no.1 antivirus is you. Learn how the internet works and how they plant things on your puter. Remember, free is never free on the internet. When they say free think about what else is going to be installed on your puter. When they say free think about your personal data being leaked by what the free AV let in. ESET is the best AV on the market in my opinion. They do not sell you out to corporate spyware or adware. It is not free but they do have a 30 free trail. They do not place a toolbar that you do not want or track what you do. These companies offering free AV have to make money some how. They do it by selling out to the corporation who peddle spyware and adware. There is a lot of free AV and firewalls on the market that are more spyware then security product. All AV have white list, that is one of the biggest strength to ESET, theirs is not for sell. The best thing about ESET is their PUP (potential unwanted program) protection. It will also alert you to rouge web sites that plant drive by viruses. It runs light on your system and does not lag your CPU while your working or playing. http://www.eset.com/

Check this site to help you with your decision, it will open to real world protection test or how accurate the different AV are. Also look at the false alarm test and the performance test. False alarm test shows you how many files it identifies as a virus but they are not and the performance test show how light or heavy it is on your system. You have to pick the year and month to see the other two I recommended. http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1....
Leoline

Postby Oro » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:29 am

AVG uses a lot of resources, I would just use Microsoft Security Essentials.
Oro

Postby azuria » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:42 am

"Suitable", "hackable", "safe"... what exactly are you concerned about?
azuria

Return to AVG