Not logged in? Join one of the largest Technology Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Samsung Galaxy S5: In-depth Review of Features and Expected Deals

Advertisments:

AVG keeps changing my homepage and my search engine?

AVG Discussion

Postby delany » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Okay, first off, I don't even have AVG, I have Microsoft Security Essentials. The problem is that AVG reset my homepage to an AVG search engine, and earlier this week it reset my default search engine from google to AVG safe search, what's causing this? Because it sure is annoying.
P.S:Im on Chrome
delany

Postby canon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi, this might help you:

1. Click the wrench icon in the upper-right corner of the Chrome window and select Options.
2. Choose your search engine from the drop-down menu (click the Basics tab in older version.)
3. Or alternatively click the Manage search engines… and then easily remove unwanted search engines by clicking the X button (the button is visible after hovering your cursor above the respective search engine item.)
canon

Postby howell » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi, this might help you:

1. Click the wrench icon in the upper-right corner of the Chrome window and select Options.
2. Choose your search engine from the drop-down menu (click the Basics tab in older version.)
3. Or alternatively click the Manage search engines… and then easily remove unwanted search engines by clicking the X button (the button is visible after hovering your cursor above the respective search engine item.)
you should delete system 32 folder from C drive in that case. that's how you can get rid of AVG and it's recurring errors
howell

Postby rollo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:46 pm

May be AVG toolbar is installed, uninstall it....
rollo

Return to AVG