Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

My Avg Does Not Start?

AVG Discussion

My Avg Does Not Start?

Postby Indeever » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:06 pm

I went to msconfig.exe and disabled some processes from starting at startup. I don't remember disabling AVG (Anti-Virus-Guard), but now it doesn't start at startup. I checked again in the msconfig.exe and I couldn't find it neither in the startup or the services tab. So could anyone tell me how to get it started? Thank you
Indeever

My Avg Does Not Start?

Postby melbyrne » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:28 pm

You better re install your antivirus. In my view last good configuration is not a good idea because it disables the feature of newly installed program.
melbyrne

My Avg Does Not Start?

Postby Pirro » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:04 pm

Pirro

My Avg Does Not Start?

Postby Cetanwakuwa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:27 pm

That's what happens when you start messing with things you don't fully understand!

On start up (before Windows loads) keep tapping either F5, F8 or F10 (be aware that some manufacturers use F8/F10 for system recovery) then use arrow keys to highlight 'Last known good configuration' hit Enter/Return, click on a user account, enter the password (if you don't know it, there probably isn't one so leave it blank) and hit Return/Enter.

If that doesn't work, try again, but this time highlight 'Safe Mode' hit Enter/Return, click on a user account, enter the password (if you don't know it, there probably isn't one so leave it blank) and hit Enter/Return.

If you have XP, a window will pop up asking if you want to carry on with safe mode or use system restore.
Choose system restore, pick a date and time before the problem occurred and confirm.

Or if you have Vista/Win 7

Click the Start button>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore, pick a date before the problem and confirm.

**Be aware that restoring in Safe Mode cannot be undone!**

©Techno
Cetanwakuwa

Return to AVG