Welcome to TechForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Avg Anti-virus Free Edition Question?

AVG Discussion

Postby Gussie » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:36 am

AVG on my wife's computer for some reason is out of data. I try scanning the whole computer and clicking update but for some reason it still says that the anti-virus is out of data. I click the fix button and got this weird message:

Your computer system time seems to be inaccurate. This may lead to a false virus database up-to-dateness reporting. Please correct your system time if possible.

What can i do to solve this issue ?
Gussie

Postby Devon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:51 pm

your time in the PC has been entered wrong

you'll see your time in the notification area,

click it and reset
Devon

Postby Rolf » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 am

Is the clock on your Taskbar really out of sync with your local time? If it is, click on it and select Change date and time settings > Internet Time > Change settings > Update now. Keep click on Update until it says synchronization is successful.

Afterwards, see if your crappy AVG anti-virus will now update its virus definitions.

PS: I said crappy AVG because Avast is a lot better in terms of detection rate, false positives and scanning speed. Read this so you will know the facts: http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/st...

By the way, Avast came up with a major version release today. There have been lots of new features and improvements. You might want to try it out. Register it with your email and you'll be given a 1-year free subscription of updates.
Rolf

Postby Wu » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:06 pm

If you download it on there a lot of times you only get 30 days trial and then you have to pay for it unless you bought it and might have protection longer then 30 days. I suggest getting some other antivirus on your computer asap but delete off AVG before installing another antivirus on there.
Wu

Postby Delvon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:55 pm

http://free.avg.com/au-en/download-updat...

It may be time for an update.
Delvon

Return to AVG